Saturday, May 12, 2007

Update on the Journey

Jim and I have been on a long journey to adopt a baby girl (or two :) from China. Because the journey is far from over, I decided to start this blog to allow our friends and family to track the progress. This way, you won't get tired of asking me where we are in the process, and I won't get tired of answering where we are in the process!

So, here's where we are in the process. Our dossier (application that goes to the Chinese government) is at the Chinese Consulate here in the US being authenticated. Once it returns to our adoption agency (Bethany - would recommend them to anyone!), it will be on its way to China where it will be assigned a LID - log in date. This has been taking up to a month, although recently, they've been doing them much faster - probably to accomodate the May 1 changes. Currently, the wait time is 18 months from your LID. So, we are estimating 18 months to 2 years from now. There is a hope that the process will speed up, and a reality that it will probably slow down.

While we wait, I've decided that if I'm ever going to run a marathon, this would be the time to reach that goal, so I have registered to run the Marine Corp Marathon on October 28th. Perhaps I'll blog about that journey as well.

We covet your prayers for our journey. We know that all of the timing is in God's hands, and His timing is always perfect. We are also praying that we will be matched with twin girls.

No comments: